Friday, October 19, 2007

The End of An Era

A most of you who read my blog know i have worked at the Dutch Village Inn doing all kinds of stuff for about 3 and a half years now... i have done everything from buss tables all the way to seal concrete and tons of stuff in between... my friend Laura just got a new job as the manager of a local cafe... well she offered me a job there a few months ago and i gladly accepted... i am just ready for something different, a change of pace, a new era in my life... as the hotel job was my first job ever, i am ready and excited about starting something new which is still in the conctruction phase... so i get to be a part of something not quite but kind of from the start... deffinately from the opening... so on my last day at the hotel yesterday it was kind of bittersweet as i mowed, cleaned the pool, and then clocked out for the last time... the end of my time there... but soon i will have something new and very exciting to be a part of... so needless to say im ready and pretty pumped about starting this new job... later DVI...

5 comments:

Chel said...

B-Rad-

We will miss you, but I know we will still see you. Life after the DVI???? Please give me periodic reports, it will be fascinating! I am a bit jealous! Well you know you are like one of my kids, and we love you! Keep pressing on towards your goals, I know you will do great things in life.
Love,
Mama J.(anci)

Tracey said...

I'm not sure I can forgive Laura for offering you a job but it is time for you to move on to different things. I would say I'm gonna miss you but I still plan on seeing you.
P.S. Don't Change your cell phone number!!

Laura said...

The Start of another Era!! I am really excited that you will be working with me at the Cafe! Its going to be a lot of fun while we still have you in Columbiana, and I think that you will find it's more fun to work for me and not those crazy DVI people!!! Crap, don't tell anyone that I said that...anywho, it's always a big change to leave a job you've been at so long and it takes a big step to make that decision in the first place. When I left the "Dutch" I felt like I was missing something, it kinda made me sad, but I realized that the choice I made was 12 years later than I should have made it, so I know how you feel. Thanks for posting, it really was good to read.

Andrew said...

I am really excited for you bro. It is good to get out of DVI and try some new things. It will make you love working at the DVI like never before, but the change of pace is important. Is you school done yet!!!!!!!!!

hurry up

Chel said...

Laura! Play nice! Oh well, I must admit your right we are crazy at the DVI and I am the craziest one, just ask my kids, oh well, they probobly already told you that!