Sunday, July 08, 2007

The Last Hurah...

So... a lot has happened since i last posted... but that makes sense, since i haven't posted since march... but i told a couple of people that i would post on friday but i was a little busy with work... as luck would have it i got up fro work this morning and there was a message on my phone that i didn't need to come in... so i thought... what better time to sit down and write a post...

A few weeks ago, the guys from my church and i went backpacking... we didn't go far or even to a place we hadn't been before... we went a few miles and hiked maybe a half a mile into the woods to a site we had camped at before but it held meaning to some of us so we returned again... last year around the same time, maybe a few weeks earlier, we made the same trip with a different group of guys... Sam, Andrew, Evan, and myself went last year... later joined by kyle and his inflatable queen sized air matress... it was treated as a kind of last hurrah for Evan who would be leaving for the navy in a few short weeks... i miss you buddy, sorry this is a couple days late... this year i couldn't tell from anyone else but i kind of felt that it was that last hurrah for Andrew who left and moved to the twin cities on thursday... i mean we hung out and everything after that but i get the feeling that Andrew was treating this as the last big thing he was going to do with the church guys before leaving... now i don't really know where i am going with this other than to say that it was cool to be a part of the last hurrah for my two best friends... and i want to say that i love you guys, and i miss you both... andrew, hope to hear from you this afternoon... evan, good to talk to you the other day buddy... i hope to hear from you both again soon... you guys are my brothers... this post is for you...

5 comments:

Sam said...

Well said brother. Thanks for posting.

Sam said...

Oh btw, you've been tagged.

Andrew said...

Thanks for the post man, It is nice to have words written about you. I mean to say things like this to you all the time, but all that usually comes out is-"your my best friend, man".
Bradford, you my boy- my brother, the only guy on this earth I feel somewhat responsible for. You get in a fight i'm right there behind you, whether it is a stranger or my mom. Your the only person that knows what to say or what buttons the push to make me laugh or get pissed and cry.
I Will Always Be Here For You-
Get your school done and hang out with me up in the twin cities bro
Love You

Laura said...

Great words Brad. It seemed to get more unreal as the time got closer before they left, I definately could feel some distancing too as they got their final rituals done. Which all needed to be done so that the leaving wouldn't hurt so much and the new experience could be enjoyed more. Oh, and yeah, on Andrews comment about school, Sam and I will storm on you like a gang of bees to make sure that you get done with that terrible business of the graduating and all! I'm not sure what the gang of bees has to do with all that but it sounded cool at the time!

3rd string's finest said...

I love you, Brad. Wow that didn't sound as gay in my head. oh well, I do. I tried posting a couple of days ago but my computer kept gettin kicked off. Buddy, we are going to have alot more "hurahs". Not all of them will be "last ones", though. I have been thinking about skydiving.....interested? Later brother.