Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Fall


So as you might know from the previous blog, while at Hocking Hills this past weekend i took an unplanned, unwanted fall towards certain doom... well not really certain doom, more like cold feet, possibly hypothermia at worst... We were all at Old Man's Cave doing some hiking... as with the rest of the spots we hiked, the walkways were mostly ice... we were just crossing a particularly bad spot with some large melting ice blocks overhead so i turned to make sure that Mike and Emma got past this bad spot... well i looked down and i was standing on a downhill slope on solid ice... suddenyl my feet slipped out from underneith and i started the downhill descent towards an icy river...which i might add, after a lot of rain the night before was moving a lot faster than i wanted it to be... so i slid right off the walkway onto an even steeper hill covered in loose soil... well Man VS. Nature being one of my favorite shows, i knew to dig my feet in and grab at some soil... well it turned out that i got stopped about 3 to 4 feet from the river and turned around to see all of the slightly worried looks on my friends' faces... they said the look on my face was one of complete terror... so i climbed back up the hill and continued on with some mud on my jeans... so that was probably my scariest moment of the trip... it added to it though... now i and my friends have this awesome, funny story to tell... and every time i think of it i laugh out loud... LOL... I had a picture that i wanted to put up with this post but it won't let me...sorry.

5 comments:

Andrew said...

I am just glad you would hve been willing to take one for the team, cause I know you would not have been mad when I started taking pictures of you floating down the river instead of jumping in to save you.

Sam said...

The look in your eyes is what actually scared me. I saw you falling but thought you'd catch yourself. That was until I saw your eyes. Then I freaked out a bit. Nice save, by the way.

drifter said...

wish I could have been there - off topic (sorry) did I just hear that you are also going to minn. with andrew - I hope i was mistaken - see ya tue.

drifter said...

wish I could have been there - off topic (sorry) did I just hear that you are also going to minn. with andrew - I hope i was mistaken - see ya tue.

3rd string's finest said...

Hey dude. Glad you didn't get hurt. I wish I would have been there. Who knows, instead of you falling maybe we could have gotten another sweet picture of Andrew and I helping you up! haha. Man, I gotta find that picture and post it. Love you, bro. I can't really say anything else I am thinking cause anyone who reads this would think I was really corny or gay or both. lol. Later.